Improve your build¶
Host a private PyPi¶
pip is pretty flexible when it comes
to finding python packages, it will even scrape HTML pages and look for
<a> tags whose
href="" attribute match the package name and
archived in a supported format (e.g.: tar.gz, zip, etc)
You can configure the
~/.pypirc with several profiles and several
different pypi servers.
Here are some open source pypi servers and related tools:
- Warehouse - The official pypi server software that powers pypi.org
- Basket - A personal favorite, useful for creating a local pypi mirror of packages to be used when offline or working remote.
- pypiserver - a minimal pypi server, no pretty UI.
- devpi is a universal python module packaging, testing and release
tool. It comes with the command
devpi-serverwhich runs a pypi server.
- pure apache mod_rewrite
Get better at writing docs¶
Please give feedback¶
Create issues and/or pull-requests to this workshop at github: https://github.com/gabrielfalcao/from-your-editor-to-pypi/issues
- Bug (or typo) fixes
- Or whatever could be improved about the workshop, really.